Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor using Contact Form . Please do not type your ad in all caps. Thank you.
We will place them on the web. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include your CALL SIGN, a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here.
Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the Westcoast Amateur Radio repeater system and this site. Click here.
- Trace Engineer C40 Charge-Diversion & Load Controller.TRACE C40 Charge Controller A Controller for Virtually any DC Charging Source. C Series controllers may be configured for PV battery charging, or DC load control or DC diversion operation. Price $50.00.
- Amateur VHF/UHF transceiver TH-D7A(G) with TNC Frequency range: TX: 144-148 / 438-450 MHz RX: 118-136 / 136-174 / 400-480 MHz. Price $130.00.
- Diamond mobile whip antenna SG7900 2 bander used very little occasional mobile operation. Price $100.00.
- Danet 12M:This is a Japanese copy of the PK232…it is an AX. 25 Level 2 Version 2 complete with cross connecting plug. Price $30.00.
- Low pass filter Hand made in Japan, VSWR -25 db, LOS -5, Att at 105 Mhz -110 db. Price $35.00.
- Palomar RX noise bridge; this is collectors item, measure antenna impedance. Price $30.00.
- Super Low noise Pre-amplifier GRA 729 430 mhz GAIN 20 db Nf 0.6 db…this is a mast head mounted sealed amplifier.
- Super Low noise Pre-amplifier GRA 2020 144 mhz gain 20 db Nf 0.6 db this is a mast head mounted sealed amplifier.
- A Triplexer GX-2712 this device will muliplex from 1.5 to 1400 mhz….allows one cable to the mast head….the same as the above preamps.
- Comet Triplexer CFX-431, this is the station end of the mast head mulipltexer, never used.
- Switching device for switching antenna leads, never used.
- Tokyo Hy-Power Labs Model HL-130U,….430mhz-120 watt amplifier, desk mounted. Tokyo Hy-power Labs Model HL-180 ……144mhz-120 watt amplifier, desk mounted the rx section is U/S….the TX section works ok.All the above amps listed $100.00.
- Model VDA-60 video display analyzer by Micro-Tel, a division of Adams-Russel, will copy any TV signal.
- Kuranishe Instruments KDP-200, 500 watts pep max, bandwidth +/- 3 Mhz tunable, loss 0.8 db, this is a repeater filter, with tunable manual controls.
Name: Doug VE7LFL
Email: dconsul at reagan dot com
Ph (778) 700-6737
S&S and GARAGE and Electronic/Electrical SALE. 3040 Tillicum Rd. [Just South of Tillicum Mall — you can’t miss the tall radio tower.] .
*** Sat. 24th & Sun. 25th August ***. 9 AM to 3 PM
This will be of GREAT interest to you ELECTRONIC, Electrical and/or light-mechanical types….
- Transformers, Chokes & related ‘Heavy Iron’ magnetics going VERY cheap — including Variacs — from small units to 3-Gang motorized monsters capable of ‘dimming’ your entire house!
- Thousands of sometimes rare Electronic Parts — sorted, semi-sorted, unsorted and/or still on chasses — going VERY cheap….
- Electrical Parts — including fractional-horsepower AC & DC motors & pumps — some reduction-geared — including Steppers & a multi-function Stepper-Controller — of interest to experimenters.
- Light-Mechanical bits & pieces going VERY cheap, by donation, or FREE….
- CB Radios — 23 & 40 Ch. AM & SSB — portable, mobile & base — and sometimes ‘unobtainium’ accessories.
- Amateur Radio Transceivers, Power Supplies & Accessories, including ATUs — cheap, by donation, or FREE….
- AM/FM Radios, Amplifiers, Tape Decks, CD Players, VCRs & accessories.
- Electronic Test Equipment — some Collector/Museum Grade….
- Masts, Antennas & related — mobile & base — CB, HAM & even Commercial.
- Coaxial Cable — some NEW still on the roll, some good used, some FREE….
- Microphones — hand-held & desk+ — some amplified, from $1. up, or by donation, or FREE….
- RC Helicopters in near-new condition….
- Some computer stuff.
- Also a smattering of the usual house items — LARGE, Medium & small.
Half of my ‘valuable stuff’ MUST GO this week end (NOTE date, Aug 24 & 25) — or to the recyclers it goes — to make room for my new hobby! So, come by and “make me an offer I cannot refuse” ;-)….
Name: Karol VE7KFM
- Buckmaster OCF Dipole Antenna DX-OCF-40. Like new dipole antenna, off center fed, 40, 20, 10, 6 meters, 300 watt, 68 ft. length. $150.00 ($US239 new).
- Vectronics (pre-MFJ) HFT-1500 Tuner. Barely used Vectronics Roller Tuner, HF, 1500w. Pre-MFJ version $325.00. More info.
- Located in Nanaimo (Cedar).
Name: Tim VE6SH
Email: ve6sh at iaru.org
- Five 8 foot straight sections Delhi tower $20.00 ea.
- Three – 10 foot section 18 gauge “Golden Nugget” tower (one of which is a top section). $10.00 ea.
- One 8 foot 18 gauge section, & and one 8 foot 16 gauge section. Believed to be “Golden Nugget” as well. $10.00/ea.
- Tower sections are all down and have been in storage for awhile. Local pickup only. Located in Victoria.
Ph: (250) 812-1713
Email: bbevan.bb at gmail dot com
- Kenwood TS850SAT HF transceiver in good working condition complete with hand microphone, power cable and manuals. This is a one owner rig which has had the newer version carrier board upgrade done. Very clean condition except the send/receive switch labeling has become somewhat worn off & the user manual has become tattered. The power cable has been shortened to 3 or 4 feet. The price is $500.00 cash firm.
- There is also an SEC1223 12V/23A switching power supply option available for an additional $50.00.
- Available for pickup in the Courtenay/Merville area. Pickup preferred as shipping would be extra probably starting around $100.00, ask for quote.
Name: Tom VA7TA
EMail: tma.7ta at gmail dot com
HAM HAPPENINGS 2019:
- The LARGEST Ham Radio/SWL/Electronics Flea Market is coming!
- Ham Happenings will be on Sunday/Aug 25, 9-12 Noon, at the Island Savings Centre, 2687 James St. in Duncan. Entry just $5.00. Students FREE. Hosted by the Cowichan Valley Amateur Radio Society, www.cvars.com
- Talk-in frequency: 145.470MHz 127.3Hz
- Tables are $20. Doors open for vendors at 8 AM.
- For info & tables, contact Gabor, VE7JH, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 250-715-8634.
- Galaxy DX98VHP 200 watt 10 meter radio with single side band. I would like to get some information regarding this radio if anyone knows.
Email: dustindaly4 at gmail dot com
FREE (available till mid August approximately) :
This notice is from the Camosun College Electronics Department:
We are pruning 30+ years of collected parts from our prep-lab. We are discarding approximately 60 pieces of miscellaneous New/Old Stock Hammond chokes, transformers, tuneable inductors, etc. The parts are sitting on a table in the hallway outside our office, Interurban Technologies Building 2nd floor, outside TEC228.
They’ll be there for another few weeks, then regrettably recycled. They are free for the taking to anybody who is interested. The doors are open 7am to 10pm.
Here are some examples of part numbers [all Hammond]: 157M, 145E thru 145-T, 146-H, 1359 19kHz Amp. Multiplex, 8855 10.7MHz Input IF Tuneable Inductor, 8858 10.7MHz Disc. Secondary, 64A024-3 Ceramic Form Green Core, 1500 RF Choke……etc
- Two towers, both approx. 50 ft. One tower is free.
- The other, Trylon tower (heavier), open to offers.
Name: Richard VE7WAG
Ph: (250) 885-2701
- Wouxon KG-UV8Q ham radio handheld dual-band, full duplex radio UHF- VHF 144 Mhz – 440 Mhz
- duplex repeater (VHF to UHF or UHF to VHF) duplex work mode (TX on one area while RX on the other area simultaneously) hamsat, ham on the ISS dual receiving (RX on the same / different bands of A&B areas simultaneously) dual band display on large screen, 2 independent operation system frequency offset and direction programmable in repeater mode cross-band repeater.
Price: $125.00 (great deal for the advanced ham radio operator)
Name: Malcolm VE7 DAO
Email: ve7dao at shaw dot ca
- Yaesu FT DX 1200 transceiver. Like new condition, in original case & with original manual. Includes the optional FFT-1 Unit & a programming cable. This is a high performance HF radio with many state-of-the-art features for picking signals out of the noise & breaking through pile-ups. Lightly used & well-cared for since new (2013). New cost with options $1850 CAD. These radios are currently selling for about $1000+ CAD (including options).
Name Gary VE7POP
Email: gary at islander.link
- Yaesu ATBK-100 Counterpoise Kit.
Name: Dan VE7KPH
Email: ve7kph at telus dot net
updated Aug 12/19
- Exam Book. RAC Study Guide for the Basic Exam (7th edition). Book in very good condition, no marks, c/w CD. Retail cost $49.00. Asking $20.00.
- Ranger RCI 2950 mic, 6 pin … prefer OEM/Stock if possible with up/down buttons. Or, any 6 pin which is prewired to the Ranger series 10 m radios. Will sell the radio otherwise, no mic or power cord.
Name: David VE7LFA (Duncan, BC)
Email: dschertzer at shaw dot ca
updated Jun 24/19
- Yaesu MH-34B4B Speaker Microphone. Looking for a speaker microphone that is compatible with a Yaesu FT-60R handheld transceiver.
Name: Roland VE7WAX
Email: roland.stacey at gmail dot com
- Various HF equipment & large Ferrite ring cores for household appliances.
Name: Isaac VA7VAE
Email: isaacc at uvic dot ca
- I have a good collection of vacuum tubes, both receiving and transmitting, including Eimac VHF ceramics. Email me your needs, and I may be able to help. Both new and used are available, and are tested when I can.
Name: John VE7MTW
Email: ve7mtw36 at gmail dot com
- Buddipole Deluxe Kit. Used only a few times in excellent condition. Paid $700.00 landed in Canada. The Buddipole™ Deluxe Package includes everything you need for setting up an efficient portable antenna solution anywhere in the world in just a few minutes. The package includes the following custom components which all fit into the padded cordura nylon custom-carrying bag:
- The Buddipole Antenna (9 bands, 2 – 40 m) with Versatec Choke balun and 25′ coaxial cable
- Tripod – extendable legs and locking base
- Portable Mast – extends to 9’ 6″ in height
- Rotating Arm Kit – change configurations
- Antenna System Bag – padded cordura nylon
- Extra Telescopic Whip
- 3 extra Coil Clips
- Antenna operating manual
Name: Steave VA7UTC
Ph: (778) 869-4647
Email: pcwgr1 at gmail dot com
- Yaesu G-450 Antenna Rotor, Controller & 100 ft of heavy duty Rotor Cable. Never used, brand new, $400.00.
- Yaesu FT1000MP factory installed Roofing Filters. Excellent condition, $1125.00.
Name: David VA7DPF
Email: va7dpf at gmail dot com
updated Jun 10/19
- Kenwood TS480 Sat/Hx front panel assembly. This is the black front face of the 480 with the clear LCD screen, very easy to re and re. this one from a parts radio. May be much better then what you have. $8.00 + shipping, cheap. Part # Kenwood 881D39- 8743-90.
Name: Brent VE7REN (Okanagan Falls, BC)
Ph: (250) 497-5651
Email: ve7ren at shaw dot ca
updated Aug 17/19