Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor using Contact Form . Please do not type your ad in all caps. Thank you.
We will place them on the web. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include your CALL SIGN, a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here for more info.
Don Rosberg VE7DXE, also manages a Swap & Shop site. For more info click here.
Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the Westcoast Amateur Radio repeater system and this site. Click here
- TH-D7A(G) Kenwood hand held
Name: Art VE7FED
Email: ve7fed at rac dot ca
We have recently upgraded our 2-way radios in the school buses & have these items for sale.
- 5 – Kenwood TK880 c/w palm mic – $80.00 ea or best offer.
- 1 – Kenwood TK880 c/w bracket, power supply, desk mic – $100.00 or best offer.
- 2 – XPR 550E c/w palm mic, bracket – $250.00 or best offer.
- 3 – CDM 1550LS c/w palm mic, bracket – $100.00 or best offer.
- 1 EX560 XLS – $100.00 or best offer.
- All equipment has been deprogrammed and deactivated.
Click for pictures.
Name: Jody Bright (Transportation Manager SMUS)
Email: jody.bright at smus dot ca
updated Jul 19/21
- Motorola Microphone with 4 pin connector, 1960’s vintage, good shape. Pick up near the Gorge.
Name: Jim VE7JCU
Email: jim at upright dot net
- SteppIR rotatable dipole 40M-6M with SteppIR Fluidmotion controller, it comes with power supply & manual, like new.
- This is a rotatable dipole (trombone style) on its own 3 ft aluminum boom. Also it can be used as an upgrade kit to the 3 element SteppIR. The EHU is working fine. It comes with brand new in the box new style spare sprocket, EHU lid hardware & EHU gasket.
Package Price: $350.00.
Name: Dino VE7XDT
Email: ve7xdt at shaw dot ca
updated Jul 5/21
- Thrust Bearing for top of tower.
Name: Lars VA7LP
Email: larspedersen at telus dot net
- QRP rig, multi-band, trail-friendly portable HF transceiver KX2, KX3, Mountain Topper,etc. Tuner a bonus.
- I’m not a trader-dealer. Just looking for a nice, multi-band SOTA / POTA portable use. SSB a bonus, but CW is fine.
Name: Kevin VE7KHI
Email: kevin.kc.woods at gmail dot com
After 60 years of stuff I am arranging a giant give away FREE. The list includes:
- Epson WF-3720 TH-D7A(G)
- Kenwood hand held
- Diamond mobile antenna
- Diamond vertical antenna 1200 Mhz
- QSL cards from the 60s
- Date: 26 June, 2021
- Time: 10:00 am
- Address: 1653 Oak Bay Ave, Victoria BC
Name: Doug VE7LFL
NEED HELP ON TOWER:
- Seeking someone who can do antenna work on a 48 ft heavy duty tower. Don is 87 years old and his climbing days are behind him. If you can assist Don please call him, thank you.
Name: Don Jordan VE7DJ
Ph: (250) 658-2985
- 5 element heavy duty Yagi Antenna for 2 meters. Boom length from reflector to last director is 70 inches. Has about an 8 extension at the reflector end for end mount. The boom is 1 3/10 inches in diameter & all elements are 3/4 inches. The attachments of the elements to the boom are castings with stainless u bolts. This is a relatively new antenna. The antenna would be great for snow & ice locations. Asking $70.00. I looked in DX Engineering & similar antennas were going for $149 to $199 BUT they are now heavy duty. P/U in Eugene, Oregon or willing to drive up 50 miles for delivery. If shipping is required will need to talk to you about it.
Name: James W7DAU
Email: jamesbrock at yahoo dot com
Ph: (541) 868-5827
- TL-ANT2415D Antenna. Comes with a Bullet connector and associated gear. Can send pictures.
Name: Shaun VE7SHP
Ph: (250) 418-5160
Email: shspeck at gmail dot com
- Used TH-7 Tri-Band HF Yagi, 20, 15, 10 meters. One trap is defective. Antenna is disassembled & ready for transport. It is located on the University of Victoria campus. It is provided as-is. You must pick up & arrange transport. Any interaction with buyer would follow COVID protocols as per PHO & UVic expectations. Antenna sells new for $1260, asking $100.00. Link here.
- WARC HF Yagi for 12m and 17m. One driven element & reflector for each band. Only one driven element connected to the feed line, the other is coupled via radiation, so SWR varies with wind speed. Purchased originally for $400 from now defunct single person company. Antenna is disassembled & ready for transport. It is located on the University of Victoria campus. It is provided as-is. You must pick up & arrange transport. Any interaction with buyer would follow COVID protocols as per PHO & UVic expectations. $50.00.
Name: Levente VA7QF
Email: va7qf at rac dot ca
- Test Equipment, to use in diagnosing/aligning some older equipment
- Signal Tracer
- RF Probe
- The closer to Victoria the better.
Name: John VA7WPN
Email: john.brent at gmail dot com
- Transceiver & more.
- Kenwood TS 820
- AT-200 Antenna Tuner
- TV 3300 LP low pass filter
- an old CW key
- 2 CW paddles
- older style ear phones
- Ham IV rotator
- 32′ Rohn Tower
- old shortwave radio & a few other accessories.
- All operating nicely when put away for storage. No reasonable offer refused.
Name: Dave VE7DHA
Email: dchockley at gmail dot com
- Kenwood TL-922A 6 meter conversion, linear amplifier.
- Expertly converted TL-922A to 6 meter mono-band amplifier. 80W PEP in for 1.2KW PEP Out.
- Genuine Eimac 3-500Zs with very limited use & full output.
- Custom dust cover.
- 30 day customer satisfaction money back (less shipping) guarantee if returned in original pristine condition.
- Photo’s available. Demonstration via ZOOM if requested.
Price: $1200.00 plus shipping (USA only)
Name: Paul KW7Y, Camano Island, WA
Ph: (360) 547-9257
Email: paul at paulbaldock dot com
- Icom IC-91A or IC-91AD Handheld Radio
- Palstar AT2K Antenna Tuner
Name: Brent VE7REN (Okanagan Falls, BC)
Ph: (250) 497-5651
Email: ve7ren at shaw dot ca
updated Apr 5/21
- I have a large number of ham radio items for sale. Including vintage radios (ex Hallicrafters), VHF radios (mostly Icom), antenna tuners, rotor, many books (ex ARRL Handbooks, radio restoration, antenna), test equipment, +much more. A complete list (photos, price, etc) is available by email. I am NOT a dealer just downsizing from 60 yrs as a ham.
Name: Brian VE7BGC
Email: ve7bgc at shaw dot ca
- Icom IC-735 HF radio, $200.00.
- Radio Shack TRC-225 Handheld CB radio, $10.00.
Name: Dom VA7CRO
Email: dkapac at gmail dot com
updated Jun 16/21
- Heil + Yamaha foot switches on a heavy steel plate $40.00.
Name: Gary VE7AQ
Email: gary.jacek at shaw dot ca
updated Jan 27/21
Clearance Sale Surplus Equipment
- Radios (not amateur):
- FRS Radios (2) – Midland GXT1000, $40.00.
Name: Jackie VA7JBF
Ph: (778) 587-8495
Email: va7jbf at gmail dot com
updated Jan 25/21
- Telescoping Fiberglass Pole
- Yaesu FT891, clean radio from a smoke free environment.
- Soil/Earth Anchor to use to guy a tower.
Name: Lars VA7LP
Email: larspedersen at telus dot net
updated Mar 26/21
- 15 meter 3 element (mono band) Yagi in fair to new condition.
Name: Rick VE7CUP
Email: ricmartin at telus dot net
updated Jan 8/21