Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor using Contact Form . Please do not type your ad in all caps. Thank you.
We will place them on the web. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include your CALL SIGN, a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here.
Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the Westcoast Amateur Radio repeater system and this site. Click here
Clearing out surplus equipment
- Comet – Large adjustable trunk / hatch / lip mount (RS-730) *plus – mobile lip mount cable assembly (COM-CK3M5), $50.00.
- Comet Antenna – Dual band 146-446 MHz, flexible, rubber coated SSB-1 (new), $30.00.
- Copper 2 Meter Amateur Radio J-Pole Antenna (KB9VBR), $20.00.
- Radios (not amateur):
- FRS radios (2) – Midland GXT1000, $40.00.
- Daiwa CN-101L VHF/UHF RF SWR/Wattmeter, $60.00.
Name: Jackie VA7JBF
Ph: (778) 587-8496
Email: va7jbf at gmail dot com
- AR-22R Rotator & Control Box.
- Expertly refurbished a decade+ ago by/for myself — but has been sitting on the shelf ever since. De-greased /dis-assembled/cleaned/double-checked all the ‘innards’ — and recently glass-bead-blasted the outside, so now it looks ~near-new again.
- Replaced original ferrous ball-bearing retainer w/ two modern nylon-types — and more than doubled the number of ball bearings to 26 — making it mechanically / functionally equivalent to its ~successor, the AR-40 [which BTW only has 24 bearing balls and is currently available @ Radioworld for only $500 +]. Lithium-greased for CDN weather!
- Choice of control boxes: the original [as in the PDF below]; or the bakelite CDR Rotor box, for that vintage look. Both boxes are in excellent operating / cosmetic condition — and both arguably offer better ‘resolution’/ directional control than the standard box that comes with the AR-40. CDE AR-22R Installation Instructions (pdf)
- Original CDE made = bullet-proof! Tested: Works as it originally did/should. Ideal for your VHF/UHF/SHF and/or light- weight HF beams, such as the HEX. 3 mo. Warranty. Advice FREE.
Price: Only $200.00 OBO.
Name: Karl VE7KFM
Email: ve7kfm at gmail dot com
- Kenwood TS-590SG, preferable with the SO-3 TCXO but not necessary, or a later serial number 590S would work as well.
Name: Jeff VE7GMX
Email: xjeepguy at hotmail dot com
updated Oct 25/20
- Radioddity GD-77 DMR VHF/UHF handheld with charger, antenna & programming cable – $35.00.
Name: Don VE7ATJ
Email: drtolson at outlook dot com
updated Oct 27/20
From the Estate of VE7EDY/VE7EDO/VA7ZX:
Collins S-line HF system:
- Receiver 75S-3B $600.00;
- Receiver 75S-3C $1,000.00;
- Transmitter 32S-3 with Shure model CB41 classic microphone, cables, PSU 516F-2 & spare tubes $1,000.00;
- Linear Amplifier 30L-1 with spare 811A tubes $1,000.00;
- Speaker Console 312B-4 $200.00.
Other HF Equipment:
- Yaesu YS-200 SWR & Power Meter $75.00;
- Icom IC-735 HF Transceiver w PS-55 power supply & Heil HM10 microphone $300.00.
2 Meter Equipment:
- Icom IC-2720H 144/440 MHz dual band Transceiver $250.00;
- Alnico DM-330 supply $100.00.
More info link (an MS OneDrive cloud folder containing pictures, details & the availability status for these & other items).
Name: Robert VE7DJF
Email: ve7djf at shaw dot ca
updated Oct 27/20
- Kenwood TS-570D all mode HF transceiver – like new in box with factory manual, $600.00.
- ICOM IC-761 all mode HF – Very nice, not museum quality though. All filters except AM installed. Includes original box, copy of service manual & original owners manual. Original mike included, needs plug re-soldered, $600.00.
- TigerTronics Signallink USB – wired for Kenwood – like new in box, $100.00.
- Icom IC-A110 VHF Air band mobile new in box FBO display. Missing mobile bracket ($25 on line), $750.00.
Actual shipping cost, pick up in Reno area preferred.
Name: Jim WA7JV
Email: wa7jv at yahoo dot com
OLD RADIO to DONATE:
- Westinghouse Radio Model RA-608
Ph: (778) 676-0021
- #83 Mercury Vapour Rectifier vacuum tube for Hickock tube tester.
Name: Colin VE7TNT
Ph: (250) 514-6100
Email: ve7tnt at shaw dot ca
updated Sept 13/20
- SDRPlay RSP2, comes with the cable to connect to the DRV on a TS590SG, bought it used it lost interest in it. First $175.00 takes it.
Name: Julian VE7URL
Email: julian_edgecombe at hotmail dot com
- Old (not working) Aviation Base Station Radio receivers & microphones for display purposes.
Name: Sam Jay
Email: sam at teamtracon dot com
- Soil/Earth Anchor to use to guy a tower.
- Dummy load.
Name: Lars VA7LP
Email: larspedersen at telus dot net
updated Aug 17/20
- Moving Sale:
- Icom AT500 auto tuner with manual. Has Icom interface cord, & works well with the 745. $350.00.
- Plus many more items. Click here for all items pdf document.
Name: Art VE7WCJ
Email: va7wcj at gmail dot com
updated Jul 20/20
- Repair needed, Magnum Delta Force 10M, powers up only.
Name: Grant VE7GBM
Email: grantmaxwell at shaw dot ca
- Yaesu FT-991 Ham radio 100W “ham pack” +Astron SSM-30 power supply +more.
- Included is :
- The Radio: Yaesu FT-991 , works perfectly, no scratches.
- The power supply: Astron SSM-30.
- Fused Wiring harness that allows for DC in , AC in (through the power supply) and DC out .
- All connectors are Anderson PowerPole and included are adapters to connect to different power sources.
- Included is also some other cheap stuff like a telescopic antenna ~1.2 m long for 2m and 70 cm bands, a voltage tester for cigarette lighter.
- I’ll haply throw in a home brew, well tuned, 20m dipole if you don’t have an HF antenna to get on the air with
- Included is :
- I bought the radio & power supply used, about a year ago & made a handful of contacts with it, maybe 4 hours of overall operation. I have the original packaging.
- If you would like to buy only the radio or only the power supply you are welcome to contact me.
- I have the bad habit of wanting to build “complete kits” for everything, so I really enjoyed building this shack in a box, every component is very firmly mounted to aluminum plates stacked inside a large ammo box intended for mortar shells, its not a pretty project, I only cared about practicality. It can be operated inside the box by just opening the lid of the ammo box & connecting to the BNC connectors on the front plate, or you can pull out the frame and connect directly to the back of the radio. There is a heavy rubber gasket on the lid, I didn’t drill any holes in the box so it should be waterproof but I will not be the one to test that. Selling because I fly to most places and this is big & heavy so I am thinking about downgrading to a Xiegu G-90.
- Photos available.
Name: Mario VA7MLP
Email: marioschietroma at protonmail dot ch
- 15 meter 3 element (mono band) Yagi in fair to new condition.
Name: Rick VE7CUP
Email: ricmartin at telus dot net
- President Adams citizen band transceiver in decent working condition. Please contact me if you know or have any for sale.
Email: turnerjayt at gmail dot com
- 6′ stainless whip section for a mobile antenna
Name: John VA7WPN
Email: john dot brent at gmail dot com
- DYCOMM Super E 40 W, 2 meter power amplifier. Was in kit form, completed & tested. About 5x input power output. Has built in sensing to switch on power amp. 12 volt 10 amp power supply needed for base station use. Complete with original document. Was $49.95 US many years ago.
Price: $25.00 or offers
Name: Jim VE7JCU
Email: jcu dot upright56 at gmail dot com
updated May 21/20
- Palstar AT2k antenna tuner
- Dummy load capable of 1000 watts
- Icom handhelds, Icom T70a, & Icom v86
- Daiwa 501v VHF/UHF swr /power meter
Name: Brent VE7REN (Okanagan Falls, BC)
Ph: (250) 497-5651
Email: ve7ren at shaw dot ca
updated May 19/20