.Old Ham Gear for all!
Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor using Contact Form. Please do not type your ad in all caps. Thank you.
We will place them on the web. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include your CALL SIGN, a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
- This is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association
- The Westcoast Amateur Radio Association is not responsible for any Listings
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here for more info.
Don Rosberg VE7DXE, also manages a Swap & Shop site. For more info click here.
Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the Westcoast Amateur Radio repeater system and this site. Click here
- ICom IC 706 mkII G. High Frequency 2 meters. Great starter or extra radio for your station. Comes with extra coax & accessories. Separation cable was cut for some reason but it still works good. Because of the age & weight no shipping is available. Located in Saanichton $600 email only.
- Yaesu FC-903. Excellent antenna tuner that can take up to 500 watts. This tuner is heavy & can tune a lot of frequencies the smaller ones can’t handle. Because of weight & age no shipping is available.
- Yaesu FT 60 Handheld Radio. The hand held everyone wants better than the FT 65. Charger and good battery included. No shipping email only for interest. Located in Saanichton BC
Name: William VE3XAE
Email: superbge at hotmail dot com
- Hallicrafters SX-111 ham band receiver with large R-48 speaker, original manual. Rare to find in such good condition. Working, excellent physical condition.
Price: $200.00 (pick up in Comox)
Name: Brian VE7RD
Email: sells795 at telus dot net
- CB Antenna & Cable kit. 5/8 Wave CB antenna & cable kit (cable, spring, quick release). Retails for $90+ tax & shipping.
Name: Sharon White
Email: sharon.white at telus dot net
- Yaesu FRG-7000 HF Shortwave Receiver.
- used – good condition
- GREAT shortwave receiver!
- *** 1 light burnt out ****
- tested correct, no major issues.
- manual avail online
- FCFS XP EFT to secure
- pic avail upon request
- meet in Duncan
Name: David VE7LFA
Email: dschertzer at shaw dot ca
- Yaesu FT-757GX tranceiver and FT-757AT antenna tuner with a Kenwood DC power supply & a handheld microphone, with manuals for everything.
- Heathkit Morse Code Trainer kit & a couple of old kit antenna tuners, a Baofeng handheld radio with two chargers, about 30m of coax cable in two 15ish metre spools, plus about another 15m of braided copper grounding wire, a 2m band Ringo Ranger antenna, & a variety of assorted cables & connectors.
- Would prefer to sell the Yaesu setup as a lot with the coax & grounding wire, asking $700.00, plus/minus for individual pieces or everything as a lot.
Name: John VE6MCN
Email: jrmcnly at gmail dot com
- YAESU FT2DR 144/430 MHz digital/analog C4FM handheld transceiver. Serial no. 9D590359, with SBR-14LI 7.2v, 2200 mAh Li-Ion battery & RT Systems-ADMSFT2D-USB programming software / cable for FT-2DR, [Win or Mac]. Excellent condition, RT Systems allows one-time transfer of ownership of software. Original box & manual.
- Located in Ladysmith.
Name: Art VE7ER
Email: westcoastfloatie at gmail dot com
- Cobweb Antenna. 5-Band 20 to 10 Meters. This is a very efficient antenna, particularly on 20 meter band. It includes:
- The support mast
- The beams
- The crossbeam lattice
- The transformer box
- Click for pictures
Name: Dave VE7EPX
Email: dlve7 at outlook dot com
- YAESU FT2DR 144/430 MHz digital/analog handheld transceiver.
- Serial no. 9E610352, with SBR-14LI 7.2v, 2200 mAh Li-Ion battery & RT Systems-ADMSFT2D-USB Programming Software/Cable for FT-2DR, [Win or Mac]. Excellent condition, original owner, RT Systems allows one-time transfer of ownership of software. Programmed for all local repeater & simplex frequencies.
- Also have a new Mobilinkd TNC4 & cable (world’s first iOS compatible TNC) available at cost, to use with Android, iPhone, iPad. With this HT it provides a very compact, portable & easy-to-use Winlink & APRS system.
Name: Ian VA7IGI
Email: iag3 at icloud dot com
updated May 5/23
- Marconi BH-30 Commercial HF Linear Amplifier 1.8-30 Mhz.
- Pair of brand new RF parts TAYLOR 3-500Z Triodes. Auto-tune. Pristine condition. 1250 watts output CW keydown. Have used for 20 yrs but need to downsize. Built for continuous service the amplifier is HEAVY at 350 lbs! Rack mountable 28″h x 19″w x 18″d. (Plate XFRM & HV choke make up significant portion of weight). Interlocked & airflow loss protected. Power supply is 3.2 KV with choke input. Time delay filament inrush protected. DC servo motors driving load & tune. Programed for all HF bands (12 CHNLS). This is a commercial amplifier that was built with no expense spared. Can be seen in operation.
Name: Colin VE7TNT
Email: ve7tnt at shaw dot ca
- Power Supply, 15 volt 4.5 amp. Made by CONDOR. In plastic case with cooling fan & power cords.
Price: $20.00 or offers
Name: Jim VE7JCU
Email: jim at upright dot net
- Yaesu FT-991a, $1800.00.
- Comet Antenna with Counterpoise/Cable, $140.00.
- TRAM Antenna/wCable, $140.00.
- Antenna Base, $20.00.
- Ground Spike, $70.00.
- Bofeng Radio, $45.00.
- 2 – Kenwood 440, $300.00.
- SWR UHF/VHR, $65.00.
- SWR HF, $30.00.
Click to see pictures, pic1, pic2
Name: Maurice VE7CKX
Email: mjdonohue at shaw dot ca
- TMC Canada LF/HF active Multi-coupler type TMC 6806. Used by DOT Canada. 8 outputs. BNC type. Rare & highly desirable! $150.00.
- Collins R390A Recap kit $50.00.
- Gold Line 1042A, 5 position antenna switch (rotary) $40.00.
- Collins R390A original replacement lamps (8) NOS $20
- Headset HS-16A 1950/1960s vintage. NIB. Never opened. Mfg date 12/65 NATO # 5965-16001055 Vintage & collectible! $40.00.
- RARE! Philips DC777 AM/FM/SW/Cassette car radio. Fully functional. I used it in my VW van for a number of years, & carefully removed it when I sold the VW. This is the only way to comfortably listen to SW while on the road! $100.00.
- Zap Trapper $10.00.
Name: Walter (future ham)
Ph: (250) 881-6031
Email: canswl at gmail dot com
updated Apr 24/23
- Pactor Mode Modem.
- SCS PTC-Ill usb (WSC3usb-M802 – “plug & play” SCS Pactor Modem Kit). New (never installed).
Name: Peter VA7PJA
Ph: (250) 880-6596
- MFJ Deluxe Versa Tuner II
- Palstar AT2KD antenna tuner
- Tokyo HY-Power HL-33V amp
- Alinci ELH-230D amp
Make me an offer.
Name: Chris Sandl (in Duncan)
Email: csamdl at hotmail dot com
- Cement-based radio/TV tower, approx. 60′ tall, about 30 years old that needs to be sold/removed. Pictures are available.
Name: Pamina Biedermann
Ph: (250) 870-4156
- Tube Tester & Tubes.
- I am a rookie tube guy (in Victoria) looking to get some stuff to start learning. Having started reading about tubes in old audio equipment on the internet & audio forums, I became a little overwhelmed & started looking for ways to learn. A tube tester & some tubes seemed a logical place to start. Someone suggested reaching out to a local radio association might be a good place to look.
Email: macromarantz at gmail dot com
Name: Glen VA7WGT
Email: gturnbul5 at gmail dot com
- Perseus SDR Receiver, one of the best SDR receivers available.
- This one works as it should & is in excellent physical, cosmetic, & electrical condition. Comes with a 5v wall-wart PSU, USB cable, & complete installation & operating instructions. The Perseus V5.0b alpha operating software will be supplied on a thumbstick, but you can also use SDR console, which some users prefer. Photos available on request.
Price: US $600.00/Cdn $800.00 (no tax or import duty into the USA) + shipping.
Name: Roger Hart
Email: amplion2 at outlook dot com
- Antennas. Two, 6 meter antennas.
- A Ringo Ranger for $180.00 was not up for very long (nice & clean) & a
- Cushcraft 50 – 5S, 5 element beam new in the box $350.00.
- Please use email (no phone).
Name: Dave VE7UL
Email: hortonz at hotmail dot ca
- Miscellaneous tubes. I have a bag of I’m assuming radio tubes but I’m not sure. Estate fund & I have no idea what to do with them. Could you suggest. Thanks.
Name: Jane Collins
Email: jacomc at yahoo dot com
- RTL software defined radio with antenna – $20.00.
- RTL software defined radio – $15.00.
- Ubiquiti M5 5.8Ghz mesh networking node with antenna – $50.00.
- Ubiquiti M2 2.4 Ghz mesh networking node – $20.00
Name: Dom VA7CRO
Email: dkapac at gmail dot com