Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor using Contact Form . Please do not type your ad in all caps. Thank you.
We will place them on the web. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include your CALL SIGN, a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here.
Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the Westcoast Amateur Radio repeater system and this site. Click here.
- Mosley TA-53M antenna. The antenna has three active elements on 10,12,15,17, 20 & a rotatable dipole on 40 meters. This antenna was rebuilt by me last year & meets Mosley’s commercial military standards specifications. It has a schedule 40, 14′ boom with heavy duty elements.
- My primary focus being 20 & 40 meters, I would be willing to swap/trade for a 3 element 20 meter yagi & a 2 element 40 meter yagi. This is a heavy antenna weighing in at about 70lbs.
- New from Mosley the antenna is almost $3k.
Price: $1000 with 100′ of RG-213
Name: Glenn VA7UO
Ph: (778) 348-3765
Email: va7uo at rac dot ca
- HF Radio Kenwood TS-590, excellent $900.00, box, mike, manual & power cable.
- Power Supply Astron RS-50M, very good, has new meters $275.00. The original Astron V & A meters were defective so they were replaced with after market ones. They work perfectly.
- HF Linear Amp Kenwood TL-922, good cosmetic, very good electrically $800.00. Stock, no mods that I know of. Cosmetically good but electrically very good. About 90% output wired for 220 VAC. No box or cables.
- HF Linear Amp Heathkit SB-201, very good cosmetic & electrical $450.00. Works fine. No mods that I know of. Not sure of it’s history but it works well. Very good output.
- Antenna Tuner MFJ 989C, good condition $150.00, legal power manual tuner. Not the greatest tuner, but works very well if your antennas are near resonant. Worked very well for me.
- Headset Heil Pro-set Elite, excellent $150.00, wide transmit mic, very nice & comfortable. Not used very much as I prefer an open mic with no headphones.
- Hand Held Mic Heil Gold Elite, excellent $120.00, great microphone. Includes a cable for Yeasu radios. Cable got abraded somehow and needs a little simple repair.
- Microphone Apex435, excellent $50.00. This is a very nice entry level condenser mic & must be used with pro audio equipment and phantom power.
- Impedance matching box W2IHY Ibox, excellent $50.00, like new, please look up W2IHY website to know what this is for.
- RF sensing T/R Switch MFJ-1708, excellent $30.00, as new in box.
- Prefer local pick up. Prices are in CAD funds and I can send photos if you are truly interested.
Name: Herb VE7HV
Email: hlober at icloud dot com
updated Jan 07/20
- Harris Communication Speaker. Brand new old stock. I have 2 for sale 25.00 each OBO. Shipping extra. These are very nice sounding speakers. Pics available.
- Icom 2730-VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF simultaneous receive. Provides VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF simultaneous receive capability as well as VHF/UHF receive. Main dials, volume, squelch knobs and primal buttons are symmetrically laid out for each band. Original owner. $310.00 plus shipping.
- Kenwood TS480 Sat/Hx front panel assembly. This is the black front face of the 480 with the clear LCD screen, very easy to re and re. this one from a parts radio. May be much better then what you have. $8.00 + shipping, cheap. Part # Kenwood 881D39- 8743-90.
Name: Brent VE7REN (Okanagan Falls, BC)
Ph: (250) 497-5651
Email: ve7ren at shaw dot ca
updated Jan 17/20
- 10 watt Power Amplifier unit, plus driver board. Units are from a VHF Transceiver a Conar 452 2-meter FM synthesized transceiver with Motorola 10 watt output, model number: Module SHW 357-7952. Included are the original pages of schematic diagrams for each unit. This transceiver was working & had a good output before I removed it from the case. Email me for jpg’s of units.
- To see what it looked like, click here.
Price: $10.00 or offers
Name: Jim VE7JCU
Email: jim at upright dot net
updated Jan 9/20
- Alexloop HF QRP loop. Used only once on a SOTA expedition. Reason for selling “I’m a wire in the air guy”. Offers.
Name: Ralph Webb
Ph: (604) 218-2614 (South Surrey)
updated Jan 8/20
- 2-pin Power Cord AC, bottom socket
Name: Al VE7BEU
Email: ve7beu at muircom.com
- We have a rather large General Electric radio, approx 4 feet tall, that’s been in our family since the 1940s. It’s in really good shape as a cabinet and all, but electrically too. It still lights up the very large display but now only makes a hissing sound. It’s unusual in that it makes available many different radio bands. It also has many preset buttons that are labelled with the old radio call letters. We seem to have lost the old license that was glued on the inside for so long. The speaker on this thing is prodigiously huge! Anyhow, our kids don’t like old things and we are ready to part with it. We thought that someone might enjoy restoring this rather complex beast of a thing. Picture available on request.
Name: Guy VE7GGX
Email: guy.gauvin at gmail dot com
- Looking for a good working Mosley TA-53-M or TA-63-N beam antenna.
Name: Guy VA3GUY
Ph: (613) 825-1177 (Ontario)
Email: va3guy at hotmail dot com
updated Jan 07/20