For most recent roster click here >>>>CARHA 2012 Operator Schedule
To have your name added to the communications volunteer roster, please contact Neil Townsend ve7nil email: ntowns at shaw dot ca
Hi everyone, it’s that time of year again – time for the CARHA Pacific Cup Hockey Tournament. This tournament is one of the largest and oldest Recreational Hockey Tournaments in Canada (this year marks the 35th year in Victoria) and the tournament would not be the success that it is without wonderful volunteers like yourself who contribute your time helping us out with radio communications. Your effort is greatly appreciated and we could not do it without you. The dates of the tournament are Friday January 20, Saturday January 21 and Sunday January 22, 2012.
There are several changes to the event this year that you should note:
- There are games being held again at Esquimalt Arena on all 3 days this year
- FRIDAY ONLY – there are no games Friday morning at Juan de Fuca Arena this year
- FRIDAY ONLY – there are no games on Friday after the 1:30 PM game at Bear Mountain Arena this year
- There are no games at the Save-on Foods Memorial Arena again this year
- There are changes to some shift start and end times
- There are changes to the length of some amateur radio shifts
Also, changing this year is the voice of Headquarters on Friday morning which has been Iain and Louise Cooke for as long as I have been involved. They were the organizers of this event prior to handing over the reigns to me in 2003 and they jointly did the first 8 hours of the tournament at Headquarters. Both decided last year that 2011 would be their last tournament. Rick Williams (VE7TK) has agreed to take over the first shift at Headquarters this year. Thanks Rick. We also have a new CARHA tournament director. Scott Wilson who was the tournament director for the past 3 years has left CARHA to become a stay-home dad and help raise the new addition to their family. Mike Ostrom is the new CARHA tournament director this year.